1) What are the main epistemological and ontological differences between the “American” and “British” schools of IPE? Discuss with reference to Oatley’s critique of “methodological reductionism”.
2) How do geography and institutions interact in explaining long-term growth and development patterns? Explain with reference to examples of BOTH European and non-European countries.
3) Compare the pre-WWI and interwar gold standard international monetary systems: What factors contributed to the emergence and stability of the gold standard as an international monetary system before WWI and its eventual demise during the interwar era?
4) Do you think there are more historical parallels between the current era (from the Great Financial Crisis, 2007-2009, onwards) and the Great Depression Era of the 1930s or the Long Depression of the late 19th century (1873-1896)? What lessons can be drawn from such a historical analogy? Discuss with reference to specific variables, measurements, and indicators.
5) How did structural (“balance-of-power” or “hegemonic stability”) considerations shape the international trade system from the Concert of Europe to the Vietnam War?
6) How did interests, norms, and ideas governing the global economic order interact in shaping the design of the Bretton Woods system?
7) What were the main features of the Bretton Woods system and what were the main causes of its demise?
8) What are the main differences and similarities between the Pax Britannica and the Pax Americana eras of the international economic and political order?
9) What are the main societal cleavages in relation to international trade and how are these societal interests aggregated into trade policy outcomes? Discuss with reference to AT LEAST ONE example (country, class, or sector).
10) Compare the interest-based and institutional explanatory narratives of US trade policy in the 20th century. Are they complementary or mutually exclusive?
11) How has the structure (institutions) and form (policy instruments) of trade relations among advanced industrialized nations evolved in the post-WWII era?
12) The emergence of the pre-WWI classical gold standard can be considered as an example of path dependence. Discuss.
13) What are the different mechanisms of financial crisis contagion and how have they evolved throughout the modern era of globalization? Discuss by comparing TWO examples of such financial crises.
14) How did ideational approaches to monetary and fiscal policy change throughout the 1970s?
15) How have the design and evaluation of foreign aid and development policy evolved in the West during the modern era of globalization?
16) In setting their exchange rate policy, how did different countries address the “unholy trinity” of the Mundell-Fleming trilemma in the aftermath of the “Nixon Shock” in 1971?
17) In a world of high capital mobility, how do foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows affect the domestic politics and economics of developing or less developed countries?
18) What are the essential trade-offs, dilemmas, or paradoxes of the global economic system with respect to democracy and national sovereignty? How have different nations addressed them? Discuss by comparing AT LEAST TWO distinct examples.
19) Is regionalism a “stepping stone” or a “stumbling block” to multilateralism and globalization? Discuss with reference to recent developments in the global trade system.
20) What is the role of international institutions and how do they help overcome the problem of cooperation according to neoliberal institutionalists? Discuss with reference to AT LEAST ONE example of such an institution.
21) What is the role of technology in shaping domestic and systemic economic (i.e., distributional and efficiency) outcomes? Discuss TWO research designs with technological advancements as a systemic independent variable and an outcome variable that is either (i) domestic or (ii) systemic and provide concrete empirical examples of the effects of such technological innovations.
22) How has the hegemonic environment evolved since the early 19th century both in political and economic terms and how has the existence (or absence) of a hegemon impacted the stability and openness of the global economic order?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Quality Custom Writers has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Quality Custom Writers, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.