Persuasive Speech (Policy Speech) Assignment
Your third speech is a Policy speech. It is a specialized type of persuasive speech. In it you will accomplish two tasks. First, you will select a topic that allows you to advocate a change to existing public policy/behavior; create a new public policy; or, reinforce a current policy being debated today. Second, you will prepare a brief speech advocating for your policy.
The Policy speech will be 5 to 6 minutes in length. Your evaluation is broken down into four large sections: strategic organization of content; preparation and presentation of content; delivery skills, all of which were evaluated last time; and, new to this speech, a section on the argument and policy.
To complete this speech successfully, you will execute these large steps in the speechmaking process:
1) Topic selection, confirmation of speech purpose, summary of speech topic, and identify a primary expert
Research and development of the content for the speech
2) Practice and preparation for the oral presentation.
The “topic selection” phase is first. It involves several steps that will be summarized in a post to the appropriate discussion forum on the class Blackboard site (found using the “graded assignments” menu link; find the “speech submission folder,” open the “persuasive (policy) speech” folder, and then use the topic forum link; or, use the “topic selections go here” menu link).
1. Select a topic.
2. Research THREE (or more) documents that assist you in discovering information about the selected topic. These resource documents must be current within the last 2 years (if possible; if not, student must justify, in their speech and the annotation for the bibliography, why they are using an older resource. Create an annotation for each – an annotation is a 25- to 50-word summary of the “central idea” and the resource’s relevance to your speech. Do this before you submit your topic, but do not include in the topic submission.
3. Identify a primary expert (not necessarily the author of any resource) who can guide your learning.
4. Identify an organizational strategy that best suits the purpose of your speech (given what you have learned).
5. Using this information, craft a policy proposal about the changed, reinforced, or new policy.
6. Create claim statements based on your organizational structure (usually 2 or 3 claims).
7. Face-to-Face classes: do not repeat topics already posted. You will not receive credit for your submission if you do so. Online classes: avoid topics already posted; similar topics with clearly different proposals are okay (they should have different experts).
Bibliography, Additional Source Materials, and Resource Analysis is next.
8. Create claim statements based on your organizational structure (usually 2 or 3 claims).
9. Fact-check your research: confirm the validity of each claim in your speech by finding two additional resources NOT used so far. These are listed in an “additional source materials” section of the bibliography (and is required). You must have 3+ primary resources.
10. Include in the “additional source materials” section of the bibliography ANY original resource that is incomplete (and thus cannot be used as one of your three, or more, primary sources), or non-academic or non-professional resources referenced while doing research. Include annotation. Complete bibliographies must include an author, a date of publication, a host resource (name of the website, publication, etc.), title of the resource, and a working URL/link for research completed using the internet.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Quality Custom Writers has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Quality Custom Writers, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.