Select at least TWO documentaries in the unit 【I have organized them in a word document】and write an essay in response to ONE of the following topics.
1. While ‘new’ or postclassical documentary is understood to develop from around 1960 onwards, several films produced in the period after World War II in a variety of national, institutional or independent settings can be understood as important precursors of movements such as direct cinema, cinema verité, and developing conventions such as the interview and the use of direct sound. Consider TWO films from the 1960s and discuss their relation to these earlier films in the genealogy of postclassical documentary.
2. What were the documentary ideals of cinéma verité, direct cinema and free cinema? How were those ideals realised? You may focus on one national documentary context in responding the second part of this essay question.
3. One of the fictions of the observational mode of documentary filmmaking is that the presence of the camera does not alter anything in the real world. Compare and contrast at least two documentaries in terms of their response to and perspective on this fiction.
4. In a media saturated world, documentaries draw on particular forms in order to develop and privilege their truth claims. Consider how your two films do this in the context of representing the social and political impacts of collective trauma.
5. How do documentaries represent human beings as complex social actors in the world? You could focus on either the genres that emerge in the 1960s across documentary and avant-garde filmmaking, such as the portrait and the screen test, or the poetics of the interview as that is enacted across several case study films.
6. Defining re-enactments as the recreation or performance of past events tends to under-describe their effects as representations of historical events, memory, and psychic states. It also elides from our critical view the relation of re-enactment to present-day social, cultural and political conditions. Consider how the use of re-enactment in two films complicates our understanding of re-enactment and its purposes in representing reality.
7. How do various forms of collective or co-creative documentary filmmaking problematise authorship?
8. Methods of pre-production and production can profoundly shape the form, structure, meaning and affective experience of a documentary film. Consider two films in the unit in light of this proposition, whether mainstream, experimental, activist or otherwise.
9. Bearing witness describes a structure of documentary spectatorship in which viewers are solicited to listen, acknowledge and affirm an experience to which one or more people, a community perhaps, testifies. More than this, it is a mode of spectatorship interested in transforming a recognition of trauma into a collective social responsibility that might manifest as different practices, whether political activism, forms of mutual aid, or the transformation of a dominant cultural memory. Compare and contrast how at least two documentary films establish such a structure of spectatorship.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Quality Custom Writers has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Quality Custom Writers, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.