The stresses that students have to deal with during the HSC in year 1
Students who completed their hsc in 2020 had greater stresses than GEN Y due to covid19
– Trinitys marks before 2020
– The nesa website – hsc statistics
– Uni applications – atar cut offs
– Read markers comments
– 2020 – 2019 ( how prepared they felt)
– Education sites – discuss the effect of covid on education
● COVID-19 creates pressure cooker conditions for HSC students
● Self-harm and suicidal thoughts have increased up to 40 per cent among young people
● It was really hard to keep doing work because stress just kept piling up and you didn’t
get a break, you were stressed but you still had to do the work,” she said.
● The coronavirus outbreak has caused an unprecedented increase in demand for mental
health support services for young people.
● The Kids Helpline reported a 40 per cent rise in demand for counselling services in
● The HSC has never been as stressful and anxiety-inducing for students as it is in 2020.
● With limited face-to-face teaching time and a greater focus on independent study,
students are feeling the pressure of the HSC greater than ever.
● 4 in 5 students feel disadvantaged for their HSC due to COVID-19
● 43% 1 in 2 2 in 5 Do not learn effectively at home via online learning
● 3 in 5 76% 1 in 10 Say their mental health has been impacted
● 2 in 5 Do not learn effectively at home via online learning Agree their school has made
an effective transition to online learning Find studying for the HSC from home their
biggest source of anxiety
● Galloways study indicates that students who spent more than 3 hours on homework per
night, experience greater behavioural engagement in school, but also more academic
stress, physical health problems and lack of balance in their lives. The study described
homework as a stressor causing anxiety in students’ lives.
● Goetz et al conducted a study in 2012, in order to evaluate the students emotions during
the completion of homework. The results of this study confirmed that students
experienced multiple emotions as they were doing homework such as, anxiety, anger
and boredom in the 4 subjects of mathematics, physics, german and english.
● According to a study by Stanford University, 56 per cent of students considered
homework a primary source of stress.
● Excessive homework can also result in poor eating habits, with families choosing fast
food as a faster alternative.What part of the hsc course does your topic relate to
Continuity and change
● The difference between the stresses of generation Z and X
Increasing reliability and validity:
→ Use enough questions to assess competence
→ Ensure participants are familiar with the assessment user interface
→ Respondent validation, which can involve the researcher taking their interpretation of the
data back to the individuals involved in the research and ask them to evaluate the extent to
which it represents their interpretations and views
How will your topic help improve your understanding of society and culture
– It reflects on the things that impact society
– It informs me of the different ways stress impacts people
– It informs me how people are affected by change and stress
Method: Questionnaire, Survey
What is a questionnaire –
A questionnaire is a research method consisting of a series of questions for the purpose of
gathering information from respondents
Practice questions – Generation z
➔ 1: What do you feel affected you the most during the hsc periods ?
➔ 2: Did you feel stressed during the hsc period ?
➔ 3: What was the main cause of your stress ?
➔ 4: How did covid impact your mental wellbeing during the HSC period ?
➔ 10:➔ 11:
Generation Y questions:
➔ 1: What stresses did you experience during the period of your hsc
How will continuity and change addressed
– The difference in stresses between 2020 + 2021s on HSC students then 1900s hsc
WEEK 3 – Develop and plan topic
– Decide and develop hypothesis
– Research ways to increase reliability
WEEK 4 – Develop practice questions / a
questionnaire in order to see results of
– Analyse the responses received from
the questions to see that they are
WEEK 5 – Decide on one method of sampling
which is most beneficial
– Ensure the method is the most
WEEK 6 – Establishing and deciding on the
sample group / size which is most
effective and beneficial.
– Research ways to stop biasness
-Websites used → bib
Introduction: 500 words
– What is the topic about
– Why did u chose it
– How does it contribute to better understanding of sac
– Cross Cultural perspective
– How change & continuity will be explored
– Choice of methodologies explained
Log: 500 words
Outlines the process of selectingm a topic:
Developing and refining chosen:
Conducting secondary research:
Writing and edit processes:
Acknowledge limitations of your research:
Identify any ethical considerations involved in
your topic research process, indicate your
awareness and use of ethical research
Central material: 2500-4000words
May be accompanied by photographs, tables,
graphs and or diagrams that should be
labelled and incorporated into the text
through discussionMust contain a cross cultural perspective
Must address continuity and change
Concepts, methodies, cross cultural
perspective and continuity and or change
should be integrated in the central material .
A statement of what the student learnt from
the personal interest project
Comments about improvements to social
Annotated resource list
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Quality Custom Writers has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Quality Custom Writers, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.