Policy critique and exposition:
Singapores law on fake news
Part 1 – Policy critique production piece
• PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes that can be presented
• At least 5 minutes long or the equivalent of 1000 words (i.e. dragging your
speech and long dramatic pauses are not viable option!)
• Engage with and apply the concepts we have covered (as many as
• Credit all sources (e.g. published discussion paper, videos, news articles,
• Brief intro to the policy than focus on specific components you want to
critique to stick to 5min time limit.
• We want to raise potential problems with the policy and how they should
• Choose whether you want to advocate for the policy or not.
• Take the position of someone studying the policy and offer a critique on
the policy, what are the problems and what would you advocate
• 3 core arguments within the presentation
Part 2 – 500-word exposition (can write in first person).
• Explain the intentions and decision-making process behind Part 1:
• Which policy you have chosen to discuss, and why
• Who your target audience is
• Why you have chosen your preferred format
• What information you have chosen to highlight, and why
• As before, watch your language use
• Chicago in-text referencing / reference list
• Explain why you choose case study and why you chose to do the critique
MARKED ON THESE SPECIFICALLY
• Content and argument (choose a side to argue the policy)
• Clear central argument, coherent critique, well-developed points
• Use policy case study to support argument
• Incorporate key unit concepts, in-depth engagement with concepts
• Research and sources
• Use readings from the unit and other relevant resources
• Independent research
• Integrate into your own argument (don’t quote for quoting’s sake)
• Written expression
• Spelling, grammar, academic style and tone (you know the drill) Structure and
Referencing (applies to both)
• Coherent structure, logical flow of ideas
• Consistent style, in-text citations (with page numbers) as necessary
Unit Concepts that need to be included in assignment: (Try use 3/4).
Globalisation and the Public
Social Surveillance and the Panopticon
Cultural Citizenship and Civil Society
Media, Cultural and Creative Industries
Media Literacy and Fake News
Global Communication Perspectives
Communication and Social Progress
Piracy, Copyright and the Digital Sphere
Must reference these sources:
Allcott, Hunt and Gentzkow, Matthew (2017) “Social Media and Fake News in the
2016 Election”, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 31(2), pp. 211-236.
Lunt, Peter and Livingstone, Sonia (2012) ‘Media Literacy’, Media Regulation:
Governance and the Interests of Citizens and Consumers, Chapter 6, pp. 117- 142.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Quality Custom Writers has assembled a team of highly skilled writers with diverse experience in the online writing circles. Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your Academic/ online writing. Check out below our amazing service!
At Quality Custom Writers, we prioritize on all aspects that creates a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism, and conformance to guidelines. The principal purpose of essay writing is to present the author's evaluation concerning a singular subject about which they have made. Since Professionalism is the mother of every success, try our team of experienced writers in helping you complete your essays and other assignments.
You have been trying to join that prestigious institution you long yearned for, but the hurdle of an admission essay has become a stumbling block. We have your back, with our proven team that has gained invaluable experience over time, your chance of joining that institution is now! Just let us work on that essay.How do you write an admission essay? How do you begin the essay? For answers, try Quality Custom Writers Now!
Editing and Proofreading
Regardless of whether you're pleased with your composing abilities, it's never an impractical notion to have a second eye go through your work. The best editing services leaves no mistake untouched. We recognize the stuff needed to polish up a writing; as a component of our editing and proofreading, we'll change and refine your write up to guarantee it's amazing, and blunder free. Our group of expert editors will examine your work, giving an impeccable touch of English while ensuring your punctuation and sentence structures are top-notch.
We pride ourselves in having a team of clinical writers. The stringent and rigorous vetting process ensures that only the best persons for job. We hire qualified PhD and MA writers only. We equally offer our team of writers bonuses and incentives to motivate their working spirit in terms of delivering original, unique, and informative content. They are our resources drawn from diverse fields. Therefore your technical paper is in the right hands. Every paper is assessed and only the writers with the technical know-how in that field get to work on it.
College Essay Writing
If all along you have been looking for a trustworthy college essay service provider that provides superb academic papers at reasonable prices, then be glad that you search has ended with us. We are your best choice! Get high-quality college essay writing from our magnificent team of knowledgeable and dedicated writers right now!
Quality Assignment/Homework Help
We give the students premium quality assignments, without alarming them with plagiarism and referencing issues. We ensure that the assignments stick to the rules given by the tutors. We are specific about the deadlines you give us. We assure you that you will get your papers well in advance, knowing that you will review and return it if there are any changes, which should be incorporated.